In February 2017, Manchester United announced plans to expand Old Trafford’s disabled facilities inline with guidelines set out in the Accessible Stadia guide. Following advice from Level Playing Field, they also announced that members wishing to use the facilities must provide proof of their disability. More information is available on pages 24/25 of this PDF which was released by the Club at the same time.
IMPORTANT: You must provide your proof of disability to Manchester United — NOT MUDSA. Please call 0161 868 8009 for more information.
Acceptable forms of proof of disability are listed below but the Club may accept other forms at their discretion:
- Receipt of the mid-rate care element or the high-rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA), War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Receipt of either the Severe Disablement Allowance or Attendance Allowance
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Allowance or War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (BD8 or CVI Certificate) or evidence from an eye specialist, for example an optometrist, that the individual would qualify to be registered as severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted). Further advice can be found on the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) website
- Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an aural specialist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 70 – 95 dBHL or worse
- Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual has a learning difficulty or disability. This may include Proof of Registration with Social Services, or if not on the Local Authority Register, a letter from a doctor or support worker confirming that the individual has a difficulty in learning new skills, or may be unable to cope independently. For children – a letter from the head teacher at a specialist school confirming eligibility will be acceptable